Tampa Bay’s Must-Try Holiday Markets for One-of-a-Kind Gifts
Whether you’re ready or not, it’s holiday shopping season! This year, more than ever, it’s essential to plan your gifts well in advance to avoid a shipping nightmare. Luckily for us, Tampa Bay has no shortage of holiday markets filled with small businesses looking to spread the holiday cheer!
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best holiday markets, so get ready to shop till you drop while supporting the locals.
Ongoing Christmas Markets in Tampa Bay
Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa
There’s no better place to celebrate the holiday season than along the Tampa Riverwalk. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the season as you shop at over 7 local vendors, including The Modern Paws, Don Me Now, and more.
When you’re done shopping, be sure to grab a hot chocolate and take a spin around the real ice rink!
- Where: Curtis Hixon Park – 600 N. Ashley Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
- When: November 19, 2021 to January 2, 2022
Winter Beach at St. Pete’s Pier
Brand new this year, Winter Beach at St. Pete’s Pier brings together some of the best local vendors to ensure you find the perfect gifts this holiday season. Along with the various shops, you’ll also find a diverse range of food and drink options, free holiday movie screenings, and a real ice skating rink. Who said you can’t ice skate in Florida? !
- Where: St. Pete Pier – 800 2nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- When: November 20, 2021 to January 17, 2022
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay City Christmas Market
Is it really holiday season if you don’t visit Christmas Town at Busch Gardens? We do not think so ! Among endless twinkling lights and thrilling rides, you’ll find the Christmas Village. From cookies and cocoa to holiday beers and more, the food and drink options are simply amazing. Some of our menu staples include Dulce de Leche Stuffed Donut Holes, Apple Cider BBQ Chicken Sliders, and Mistletoe Margarita. If sampling a variety of these offerings is more your style, be sure to pick up a food and drink sampler lanyard. And if somehow the food offer isn’t enough to convince you to buy your tickets to Christmas Town ASAP, we’re sure the array of gift shops in the parties will be!
- Where: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – 10165 McKinley Dr, Tampa, FL 33612
- When: Every day from November 12, 2021 to January 2, 2022
Twinkletown Market at ZooTampa Christmas in the Wild
Christmas in the Wild is back at ZooTampa and it’s not just for the little ones! Adults can find delicious holiday treats and festive ornaments at the Twinkletown Market. This year, there will be six new, fully immersive light zones, making Christmas in the Wild one of the biggest Christmas light shows in Tampa Bay.
- Where: ZooTampa – 1101 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- When: Select nights from November 26 to December 30, 2021
Holiday Market Events
Tampa Museum of Art Terrace Holiday Shopping Event
If you’re looking to give thoughtful and unique gifts this holiday season, the Tampa Museum of Art brings you its annual holiday shopping event. With items ranging from handmade jewelry to candied jalapeños to children’s books, there’s something for everyone on your list. You can even have your items wrapped for free while you sip a glass of wine at the cash bar, knowing you’re done with your holiday shopping early. Watch you go!
- Where: Tampa Museum of Art – 120 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602
- When: Thursday, November 18, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tampa Bay Holiday Market at the Coliseum (St. Pete)
Get into the holiday spirit at the Tampa Bay Holiday Market, located at St. Pete’s Coliseum. Local vendors will offer home decor, unique handmade gifts, clothing, accessories, food and more. Admission and parking are free, so there’s no reason not to check it out.
- Where: The Colosseum – 535 4th Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33701
- When: Saturday-Sunday, November 20-21, 2021, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tarpon Springs Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Festival
If you like to do your holiday shopping right after Thanksgiving, but the thought of waiting in Black Friday queues hurts, you’re not alone! Shop small, get stuffed out of the way, and skip the lines by heading to the Thanksgiving Arts & Crafts Festival in Tarpon Springs the weekend after Turkey Day. Local craft vendors will invade Court Street, giving you the perfect opportunity to get a head start on your shopping.
- Where: 1 N Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- When: November 27-28, 2021, 10am-5pm
Sip and Shop at Downtown Safety Harbor
Any event that includes “sip” in the title sounds like something we can’t miss, and this is no exception. Celebrate the season at Downtown Safety Harbor with carolers, a gift-wrapping station, and plenty of shopping and sipping.
- Where: Downtown Security Port
- When: Friday, December 3, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Flea Country Chic Christmas Market in Dade City
If you are in the Dade City area, the Fancy Flea Country Christmas Market is a must visit. Local vendors will sell a range of vintage goods and other gift-worthy items. Admission to this outdoor street performance is free, so make your appointment and check it out!
- Where: 14139 7th St, Dade City, FL 33525
- When: Saturday, December 4, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Seminole Heights Craft Fair and Bake Sale
In addition to the cutest bungalow-style homes and delicious restaurants, Seminole Heights is known for its eclectic, vintage shopping scene and unique markets. The Seminole Heights United Methodist Church Holiday Craft Fair has been a staple of the Tampa Bay Market for over 50 years. Browse a wide variety of handmade gifts from local artists and businesses, then treat yourself to something delicious from the bake sale.
- Where: Seminole Heights United Methodist Church – 6111 N Central Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- When: Saturday, December 4, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A Very Merry Market at Great Explorations (St. Pete)
A Very Merry Market is a one stop shop for everyone on the beautiful list! This market supports local businesses and artisans, as well as two local nonprofits: the Great Explorations Children’s Museum and Sunken Gardens. If you’re looking to give back while giving the best gifts this holiday season, add this one to your calendar as soon as possible.
- Where: Great Explorations Children’s Museum – 1925 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704
- When: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 5-8 p.m.
Holiday Gift Bazaar at Oxford Exchange
There’s simply nothing quite like the Oxford Exchange during the holidays. Head to everyone’s favorite after-hours brunch spot on December 9 and find yourself immersed in a holiday shopping wonderland. With over 30 hand-picked local vendors, you’ll find something for everyone on your list (and maybe grab a few for yourself). We’ve already added a Casa Sanctum candle, a stack of bracelets from Ritual Intention, and a Tampa print from Rachelsbranch to our Christmas list.
- Where: Oxford Exchange – 420 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606
- When: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Merry Beach Market at Madeira Beach
How lucky are we to live where you can have a beach holiday market? Head to Madeira Beach on December 11 for a family event with over 50 local vendors, photos with Santa, a beer garden and more. Feel free to bring your puppies, as this event also accepts pets. Be sure to stick around for the annual Madeira Beach Light Up Boat Parade and the official Madeira Beach Christmas Tree Lighting.
- Where: ROC Park – 200 Rex Pl, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
- When: Saturday, December 11, 2021, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tampa Riverwalk Holiday Festival
Winter Village isn’t the only festive fun happening on the Riverwalk in December. Head to Water Works Park for the Tampa Riverwalk Holiday Fest and keep your shopping local. Find a wide variety of vendors offering everything from jewelry to gifts for your furry friend. We suggest making a full day of it and also stopping at Armature Works and Winter Village.
- Where: Water Works Park – 1701 N Highland Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
- When: December 11-12, 2021, 10am-6pm (Saturday) & 10am-4pm (Sunday)
Brandon Holiday Gift Market
Don’t worry, Brandon, we haven’t forgotten about you. If you are in the Brandon area, you must visit the Holiday Gift Market. In its fourth year, the market will host over 70 vendors and offer free entry. We even heard that Santa Claus would be there!
- Where: 788 Lumsden Rd W, Brandon, FL 33511
- When: Sunday, December 12, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Image credit: The Fancy Flea